The Officially Licensed GE ET44 "Tier 4 GEVO" from InterMountain continues the tradition of excellence in this series of modern, GE-built locomotives. This all-new model features finely molded parts, railroad specific details, prototype based color representation with laser sharp painting and printing including the numerous miniature labels accurately represented. The all-new Tier 4 drive is smooth, heavy (approx. 1.6 lbs), and powerful with an all new larger motor.
OPERATING LED LIGHTING INCLUDES:
- Front headlight
- Correct scale sized front ditch lights
- Number Boards
- Rear headlight
- Front & Rear Walkway Lights
- Correct scale sized rear ditch lights (road name specific)
- Correct scale sized front & rear
- RED DPU lights on Canadian National units
OTHER DETAILS INCLUDE:
- Spinning bearing caps on both ends of all 6 axles on the trucks
- Accurate GE style traction motor detail on 3rd and 4th axles
- Wheel flange lubricator detail
- Accurate dark cab side window tint
- See through etched metal grilles on the radiator cab roof, dynamic brake area, and body (body grilles have accurate corrugations)
- Real brake chain
- Real tow chain (road name specific)
- Separate underframe piping detail
- LSL lights (CSX & NS)
- Etched metal walkway steps (road name specific)
- Accurate PTC Antenna Arrays on cab roof (road name and number specific)
- Accurate Nathan Airchime K5HL Horn
- Road name specific front/rear handrails
- Formed wire nose to walkway handrail
- Rear rock pilot on CN units
- See-through etched metal walkway panels on CN units. All of this along with numerous etched metal and wire details
Factory equipped with ESU® LokSound® 5 DCC sound decoders featuring accurately recorded Tier 4 GEVO sounds played through dual "sugar-cube" type speakers.
The first release of this model showcased the "as-delivered" version with the "square exhaust" for all roads except Norfolk Southern which never received any units with the square exhaust.
The second release features the GE modified "angled exhaust" version for all roads except Navajo Mine Railroad which received the "square exhaust" for their two units.
The third release features units of mixed types of exhaust hatches. The CN-Veterans #3015, CN-EJ&E, and CN-Wisconsin Central have square exhaust. All others in the third release have angled exhaust.
As more railroads purchase these and take delivery, Intermountain will make subsequent product announcements.
All are Ready-to-Run. Some details may be included for installation by the modeler.