This detailed Atlas Master Gold EMD GP38 diesel locomotive is based on the 2,000-horsepower road units introduced in 1966 as the successor to the GP35. Production of these popular diesels ran through 1971 when it was succeeded by the GP38-2. Many of the GP38 carbody units are still in service in 2018, although often their interior components may have been rebuilt or upgraded. This EMD GP38 scale replica comes equipped with a dual-mode ESU LokSound Select sound and DCC dual-mode decoder for operation on DCC and DC layouts, and features a Scale Speed(TM) motor with dual flywheels, directional LED lighting and AccuMate(R) magnetic knuckle couplers.
- Directional lighting
- Walkway safety tread
- Blackened metal wheels
- Scale Speed™ motor
- Factory-equipped with AccuMate® knuckle couplers
- Dynamic brakes (as appropriate by railroad)
- Golden-white LEDs
- Supports all DCC-programming modes
- DCC includes RailCom and RailComPlus, with 14, 28 or 128 speed steps and with 2-digit and 4-digit addressing.
- Flexible mapping of function keys F0 to F28.
- A total of 6 DCC function outputs are available, and all can be function mapped (disable, brightness, light effects) individually
- Follows all NMRA DCC standards and recommended practices.
- Over 20 sound effects are available, including engine start-up and shutdown, prime mover sounds through all eight notches, bell, air horn, air compressor, dynamic brakes and more.
- There are up to 16 user-selectable horns, 2 user-selectable bells, and 2 user-selectable synchronized brake squeals.
- Manual and Automatic Notching modes with the ability to change modes ”on the fly” are provided for true realism.