The Kato EMD F7 comes in both A and B (cabless) variations, and is retooled from earlier variations of the F-unit locomotive chassis to make it DCC friendly. Passenger units can be identified by their Steam Generators vs. freight units which lack this detail.
Features of this locomotive set includes:
- DCC friendly mechanism
- Per-prototype paint variations on Bluebonnets: #325 lacks blue stripes under the lower headlight while #332 has the double stripe, just like the prototype.
- A-unit LED has directional headlight and illuminated number boards
- Locomotives have a powerful five pole motor with all wheel electrical pickup and blackened wheels
- KATO magnetic knuckle couplers
- Drop in DCC compatible with the Train Control Systems K0D8 series and Digitrax DN163K0B