The D10s appearance changed over the years with variations in headlights, fuel type, walkways and more becoming apparent across each of the classes. Rapido’s D10 will feature many optional details to accurately portray D10s in several configurations and sub-classes, including:
- Coal or Oil tenders
- Raised or straight walkways
- Centered or smokebox-top mounted headlights
- Straight or angled front number boards
- Two styles of power reversers
- Straight or angled cylinder steam pipes
- Two different bell locations
The D10s drive will incorporate our smooth-running gear drive with flywheel - as derived from our Royal Hudson locomotive - allowing sure and silent operation. All models will be DCC ready, and sound equipped models will be fitted with custom sound decoders that feature synchronized effects for the ultimate in realism. Lighting effects will include headlights, marker lights, number boards and flickering firebox.
- Designed from blueprints and field measurements
- Factory-applied details specific for each road number
- Smooth-running drive and heavy diecast weight centred above the drivers for exceptional pulling power
- Blackened metal wheels and driving rods
- Working head, marker and classification lights, as well as a flickering firebox light*
- DCC sound version includes synchronized chuff, accurate whistle, bell and many other effects!**
- Accurate and complete piping, underbody and tender details
- Accurate paint and decoration 18” Minimum radius (22" recommended)
* Not all lighting effects are available on silent versions.
** User-controlled sound features only accessible on DCC-equipped layouts.