The SD70ACe is the latest in the line of EMD’s “70” locomotives, an evolution of the SD70MAC, although its radiator design harkens more to that of the SD80/90 body. The SD70ACe has been designed to fit the latest EPA standards and regulations, and sports 4300 horsepower.
SD70ACe Model Features:
- Three unique body styles to match the railroads who use them.
- Prototype-accurate bolsterless non-radial HTSC truck and five chime airhorn
- Exceptional and crisp molding to accentuate the distinct angular lines of the nose and high dynamic brake
- Powerful five-pole KATO motor with dual brass flywheels
- Directional Headlight and illuminated, preprinted numberboards
- Illuminated ditch lights
- Kato magnetic knuckle coupler
- DCC Friendly mechanism ready for drop-in decoder installation